Everyone loves the family and friends time of Thanksgiving. With so much to be thankful for, why not include your oral health? Did you know that poor oral health has been linked to heart attacks, diabetes, dementia, rheumatoid arthritis, and even premature birth? With serious conditions like these at stake, it becomes obvious why your dentist urges you to maintain positive healthy habits for your oral health. That is why our team has five tips and suggestions to help keep your smile healthy this Thanksgiving.
1. Brush twice a day for two minutes a day: Did you know that brushing two minutes, twice a day, will keep your smile, cleaner, whiter, fresher, and bacteria out of your mouth? Many people do not brush long enough resulting in more cavities and painful dental problems.
2. Floss daily: By removing food-particles from your smile, you can reduce the risk of toothaches and gum disease. Flossing also removes plaque from between your teeth.
3. Eat a healthy diet: Eating well balanced food can help strengthen your teeth and keep your body healthy, as well as your smile healthy.
4. Chew sugarless gum: Instead of sugary snacks, chewing sugarless gums after a meal can help your saliva flush out bacteria and prevent tooth decay.
5. Visit your dentist regularly: By visiting your dentist every six months, you can keep a smile healthy for life.
By following these five steps, you can give yourself a healthy smile for life. This thanksgiving, don’t let tooth decay set in from constant foods and drinks at your disposal, follow these steps and keep your teeth healthy.
If you have questions about your oral care, please call your dentist. Let us give help you keep a healthy smile you can truly be thankful for this holiday season.